Thoughts on Dave

show_2005_25

In the course of doing this project one of the highlights for me was having an opportunity to work with Dave Bussy. Initially I was weary that he may not be the right fit for my show and that he may sound too “radio” for this discussion based show however after my first meeting with him my fears were put aside.

What surprised me about working with him was how he could take my research notes and script and change it, on the fly, into something that sounds naturally like his language whilst still fitting the tone of the show. When recording the first recording I found it was a joy to watch a radio professional in action and work in his element reacting to questions and moving the  interview at the pace and feel as I had exactly imagined it in my head.

One thing that I would have changed if I had a chance to do this again would be the amount and quality of research I provided Dave and make sure that there is time for us to meet a day or two before each show so he could have as much information as possible going into it.

Overall I am really happy with how it worked out with Dave and if given the opportunity I would love to work with again in the future.